Our patients get LASIK for many reasons. However, they all have one thing in common: a desire for clearer vision. Perhaps you have used corrective lenses in the past, but are hoping for a better solution. Perhaps you are nervous about this life-changing procedure. If you are considering LASIK in Washington DC, but need a bit more convincing, read below and learn about some of the benefits many of our happy Washingtonian patients have seen.
- It’s easier than glasses– In just ten minutes, you can solve your vision problems at the root, saving you a lifetime of glasses replacements and upkeep. Wake up in the morning and see the day without having to fumble for your frames. With glasses, something as simple as looking out of the corner of your eye is near impossible. With LASIK, you have better peripheral vision for activities like biking and driving. LASIK also makes it easier to be active, swim, and play sports without worrying about breaking your glasses, or taking them off and losing them. Imagine yourself at the beach, floating in the ocean, with a clear picture of a sunset before you–no frames required.
- You see the world and the world sees you– While glasses can certainly be stylish and flattering, many patients feel self-conscious about their appearance in them. Some of us may not mind the look, but would prefer to show our faces a bit more instead of hiding behind frames. In a city filled with public faces, Washington DC LASIK can be a powerful tool for communicators.
- It’s easier and healthier than contacts– Like glasses, contact lenses can pose many inconveniences. When traveling, you must be sure to pack the proper cleaners and solutions and extra lenses, you have to continue to refill your prescription, and there is always the fear that you may lose one in a public place, fumbling to find something that a person with normal vision can barely see. Not only that, contact lenses can carry thousands of bacteria. The risk of vision loss due to a contact lens-related infection far outweighs the risk of vision loss with LASIK.
- Cost savings– For contact users, the costs add up quickly: visits to the ophthalmologist, prescription refills and other expenses can, over a few years, surpass the cost of a one-time payment for LASIK surgery in Washington DC.
- Better than 20/20 vision– 70% of LASIK patients have better than normal vision, and with modern technology and improvements in technique, the results just keep getting better.
Still not convinced? Call us. Our Washington DC LASIK ophthalmologists are happy to explain the details and benefits of this life-changing surgery. Contact our Washington DC LASIK surgeons today for a free consultation.