Dr. Adele is an experienced cataract, corneal and refractive surgeon. She offers laser vision correction and ICLs for patients who seek independence from glasses. She also offers multifocal lenses (ReSTOR, Tecnis) and accommodative lenses (Crystalens ) for cataract patients seeking the youthful ability to see near and far without glasses. She also offers Toric Implants for the correction of astigmatism. Dr. Adele has expertise in complex cataract surgery and advanced laser cataract surgery (LenSx). She has extensive experience in the restoration of eyes with dislocated intraocular lenses. As an early adapter of lamellar corneal surgery, she began performing DSAEK for Fuchs’ dystrophy and DALK for Keratoconus in 2006. She continues to volunteer in teaching residents cataract surgery and received the prestigious Teacher of the Year award from the Georgetown University Ophthalmology Residents in 1998.
- University of Flennel, Gainesville, Florida, Fellowship in Cornea and External Diseases
- George University, Washington, DC, Ophthalmology Residency
- George University, Washington, DC, Research Fellow in Ophthalmology
- University of Damas School of Medicine, M.D.
Academic Appointments and Affiliations
- Diplomat, American Board of Ophthalmology 1990
- Georgetown University Medical Center, Assistant Clinical Professor
- Washington Hospital Center, Senior Attending
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, Fellow
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- American Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Member
- President at the Washington Academy of Ophthalmology
- Medical Director of the Eye Surgery Center, Ltd.
- George University’s Teacher of the Year, 1997-1998, Ophthalmology
- Washingtonian Magazine – Top LASIK Surgeons
- Dr. Jane Adele was recently interviewed by WMAL Radio and other media.
- Fluent in English, Arabic, French, and Spanish